- To designate fishers, farmers, processors and distribution workers as essential.
- To establish exceptions to travel restrictions for temporary migrant workers and the enterprises that support the sector.
- To explore the possibility of banking fishing quotas from one year to the next. To make up for lower catches in a given year, quotas could be exchanged from one year to another. The exact quota that can be “banked” should be defined based on sound scientific advice.
- To increase transparency with a system that gives auctions and buyers a picture of the catch in terms of its volume and species in advance of its landing in a port.
- To optimise the cash flow of transfers of support measures so to account for natural variations in production cycles due to, for example, seasonality.
- To introduce a storage mechanisms when exceptional shocks hit the sector.
- To implement promotional campaigns to support local fisheries and aquaculture products.
- To strengthen databases and market intelligence
Short link to this post : https://bit.ly/3CuXzM7 The presentation of the study took place on 15 November 2021 and focused on the following topics: An overview of the current state of technology to power heavy-duty vehicles, Read more…