The PECH sector of the Policy Department provides research for the Committee on Fisheries.
The PECH Committee is responsible for:
1. the operation and development of the common fisheries policy and its management;
2. the conservation of fishery resources, the management of fisheries and fleets exploiting such resources and marine and applied fisheries research;
3. the common organisation of the market in fishery and aquaculture products and the processing and marketing thereof;
4. structural policy in the fisheries and aquaculture sectors, including the financial instruments and funds for fisheries guidance to support these sectors;
5. the integrated maritime policy as regards fishing activities;
6. sustainable fisheries partnership agreements, regional fisheries organisations and the implementation of international obligations in the field of fisheries.
Selection of ‘Research for PECH Committee’ publications: