The REGI sector of the Policy Department provides research for the Committee on Regional Development.
The REGI Committee is responsible for:
1. the operation and development of the Union’s regional development and cohesion policy, as established in the Treaties;
2. the European Regional Development Fund, the Cohesion Fund and the other instruments of the Union’s regional policy;
3. assessment of the impact of other Union policies on economic and social cohesion;
4. coordination of the Union’s structural instruments;
5. the urban dimension of the cohesion policy;
6. outermost regions and islands as well as trans-frontier and interregional cooperation;
7. relations with the Committee of the Regions, interregional cooperation organisations and local and regional authorities.
Selection of ‘Research for REGI Committee’ publications: