Committee on Culture and Education – Study requested by CULT Committee, commissioned and managed by the Policy Department – “Making the European Education Area a reality: state of affairs, challenges and prospects” – Presentation by Pierre HERIARD and Markus J. PRUTSCH
Brussels, 16 March 2021,
Short link to this post: https://bit.ly/3lw0m0z
The presentation of the study took place on 16 March 2021 and focused on the following topics:
- Europe as a common educational space: historical perspectives and early achievements;
- The Commission’s 2017-2018 vision of creating a European Education Area by 2025;
- Four flagship initiatives: European Universities; European Student Card, Mutual recognition of diplomas, Improved language learning;
- The EC Communication on “achieving the European Education Area by 2025”;
- Outlook and recommendations on strategy, governance and policy priorities.
The presentation was followed by questions from the Members and a stimulating debate.
Watch video of the event (with multilingual interpretation):