Committee on Transport and Tourism – Study requested by TRAN Committee, commissioned and managed by the Policy Department – “The impact of emerging technologies on the transport system”
Brussels, 10 November 2020
Short link to this post: https://bit.ly/35xstWP
This study provides an overview of the impact of Smart Mobility and their underlying emerging technologies on transport, the transport infrastructure and society. The main challenges for the deployment of Smart Mobility applications are identified and (policy) actions are defined that could be taken to overcome these challenges
The presentation of the study took place on 10 November 2020 and focused on the following topics:
- Overview of the emerging technologies and Smart Mobility applications.
- Impacts of these technologies on mobility and transport infrastructures
- Main challenges and obstacles facing emerging technologies.
- Actions and policies needed to strengthen the technological transition to Smart Mobility.
The presentation was followed by questions from the Members and a stimulating debate.
- Research for TRAN Committee: The impact of emerging technologies on the transport system
- Executive summary
- At a glance note
Watch the video of the event (with multilingual interpretation):