The CULT sector of the Policy Department provides research for the Committee on Culture and Education.
The CULT Committee is responsible for:
1. the cultural aspects of the European Union, and in particular:
(a) improving the knowledge and dissemination of culture,
(b) the protection and promotion of cultural and linguistic diversity,
(c) the conservation and safeguarding of cultural heritage, cultural exchanges and artistic creation;
2. the Union’s education policy, including the European higher education area, the promotion of the system of European schools and lifelong learning;
3. audiovisual policy and the cultural and educational aspects of the information society;
4. youth policy;
5. the development of a sports and leisure policy;
6. information and media policy;
7. cooperation with third countries in the areas of culture and education and relations with the relevant international organisations and institutions.
Selection of ‘Research for CULT Committee’ publications: