|Subject of contract|
|Deliver a study on "Transport infrastructure in depopulated and low-density areas" - The aim of this study is to evaluate how the EU and its funds are prioritising transport projects in sparsely populated and low-density areas and where the EU stands in terms of reconciling efficiency and equity considerations when deciding on what transport projects to carry out. The study is to be delivered for Members of the TRAN Committee by October 2020.
The study will:
1. summarise current knowledge-based policy debates comprising transport in sparsely populated and low-density areas, above all in the EU institutions, but also in Member States.
2. Present a classification of sparsely populated and low-density areas including their characteristics to facilitate the understanding of the main needs of this areas regarding transport;
3. present an detailed overview on how the EU funding is covering the transport projects in sparsely populated and low-density areas, including an analysis of the criteria and approach used by the EU institutions to decide on which projects are to be funded and prioritised;
4. assess whether the EU institutions, especially the Commission, and Member States are conciliating efficiency and equity considerations in the applied criteria and approach;
5. regarding the previous points, in the scope, include rural areas, islands and remote, peripheral and mountainous regions;
6. special attention will be paid to
- the main societal groups affected by transport shortage, and
- the effects in the tourism sector produced by transport shortage
in all the mentioned areas;
7. present the societal and technological trends and future challenges/opportunities; and
8. reflect on the current EU strategy and EU and national legislation on this topic, and assess whether EU action is necessary and a direction change is required, considering also the wider context of the Green Deal.
Perf town/city: Brussels
Perf country: Belgium
|Duration of the contract||Value of the contract||Currency||Deadline to ask for tender documents||Planned date to send tender documents||Deadline to submit|
|12 Month(s)||Up to 60,000||EUR||19/01/2020||17/02/2020||08/03/2020|
|Publication date||Reference number||Address+Contact|
Kohl 07 Y 013 Rue Wiertz 60
B- 1047 BRUSSELS
Direction: Structural and Cohesion PolicyPolicy Department B