|Subject of contract|
Deliver a study on "Sustainable and smart urban transport" - The aim of the project is to evaluate where the EU stands in terms of trends and future challenges/opportunities in sustainable and smart transport, above all in the urban areas. The study is to be delivered for Members of the TRAN Committee in time for a Committee meeting in/after September 2020.
The paper will:
1. summarise current knowledge-based policy debates comprising sustainable and smart transport.
2. present an detailed overview of technologies/state of art at the services of sustainable and smart transportation.
3. provide an analytical overview of expected future developments relevant to this topic, and identify key challenges and opportunities.
4. assess effectiveness of current legislation, rules and tools in helping to develop the sustainable and smart transport. This will focus especially on initiatives and projects developed by the European Commission and related Agencies.
5. reflect on the current EU strategy and EU and national legislation on this topic, and assess whether EU action is necessary and a direction change is needed, considering also the context of the Green Deal.
6. pay special attention on sustainable and smart transport in urban areas regarding the research to be developed in previous points 1, 2 and 3..
Perf town/city: Brussels
Perf country: Belgium
|Duration of the contract||Value of the contract||Currency||Deadline to ask for tender documents||Planned date to send tender documents||Deadline to submit|
|Publication date||Reference number||Address+Contact|
|13/12/2019||IP/B/TRAN/IC/2020-014||European Parliament Parlement européen
KOHL Building 07 Y013 Rue Wiertz 60
B- 1047 BRUSSELS
Direction: Structural and Cohesion PolicyPolicy Department B
Directorate for Structural and Cohesion Policies
Directorate-General for Internal Policies of the Union